Can someone run a calculation for me, my PC is down...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomlivings

Reaction score
I only have a my mac here and Beersmith is on my PC.
I just need to know what strike temp my water has to be. I have a 10 gallon cooler. I using 19lbs of grain and 7 gallons of water. I also dont know the sparge temp? Im going to guess 168.

162.5. That's with an ambient temp of 73 and a target of 152. 7 gallons is 1.5 quarts per pound, seems a little high.

Thanks guys!
I was brewing my second batch, had four novices with me to see how its done and everything went a bit haywire! When I was grinding the grain at the store I put some of the specialty grains together, thinking they were weighed out, but I only needed 1oz, not 1 pound of one of them, so that threw out the recipe. Then my PC died. Then the syphon wouldnt work.....my first batch went without a hitch, so I can only assume over-confidence and lack of thorough planning for this one.

BUT, I hit all my temps and its looking good in the fermenter. I went with Belgian Ardennes yeast and its swirling around like crazy, looks like its at a rolling boil in the carboys with masses of foam. Hydrometer read 1.077 in the carboy.

Back