can keggle top be cut with malco hosaw

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limey lou

Reaction score
was wondering if malco holesaw(type for cutting duct work) has been used successfully to cut top of keg? i don't have grinder, sawsall, plasma cutter, etc

Go for it. Just make sure you vido tape it so we can add it to the HBT keggle conversion hall of fame.

i used a cutoff wheel from Harbor Freight i got for $10. Took about 30 min, but it looks pretty good.

47077.gif

i'm sure struggling at full-boil readiness! lol.

i guess i may have to go out and get a grinder. hopefully my anal retentive ego will let me cut such an imperfect hole. :eek:

limey lou said:
was wondering if malco holesaw(type for cutting duct work) has been used successfully to cut top of keg? i don't have grinder, sawsall, plasma cutter, etc

If you have a simple drill, you can buy a Cutting Wheel....It will take an eternity and might look like crap but it will work. I suggest getting a cheap angle grinder or if you live by a Truck Stop with a Repair shop drive in there and ask them odds are they will cut it off there for you for probably 10 bucks if there not busy.

I like the dremel with cut off wheels, it costs about $10 in cut off wheels but you get the opening real wide, the dremel fits nice and close to the edge so no need to have a any guide. I found it also takes a lot l fewer wheels of you cut from the top, ie scribe and then work your way down. My first inclination was to cut through and get it from the edge but you end up cuting more steel than you need to if that makes sense.

i have a small porter cable laminate router...i wonder if they make cut-off whels for them?

Back