can i wait amother week to bottle ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robwestcott

Reaction score
new brewer alert...

northern brewer / Bavarian hefeweizen - calls for 2 week in primary and then straight to bottles - no secondary.

not sure I'll have time to bottle on super bowl Sunday - will it be an issue to wait as much as another week before I bottle ?

It will still be beer if you have to wait another 3 weeks but it won't be quite as yeasty as if you could bottle it now.

An extra week will be fine. I have a Mild that's been sitting in Primary for 5 weeks now because every time I have a day off there's 1000000 things I have to do and I just couldn't get to it. I'll finally be bottling it tomorrow. Milds are best enjoyed fresh (like Hefes) but it's the best I can do. I'm sure your beer will be fine too.

Just think, it'll still be fresh out of the bottle when you open it ;)

Bottle when you can. You are actually doing yourself a favor by letting it age some. Just keep it sealed under air lock. I personally would not even check the gravity until the day you bottle it, that way you dont disturb it.

It should clear up some more, and if you really want to help clear it, throw it outside or in the garage cold. It might take a little while longer to carb though, since more of the yeast will fall put of suspension.

Back