Can I use metallic glossy hammered finish spray paint on brew stand + hood?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethhobrin

Reaction score
I built a brewing stand/table and a hood out of wood. I was going to stain and seal it but I was checking out the rustoleum metallic black glossy hammered finish spray paint and also picked up some spray on primer.

Thought I'd check in to see if there is any reason not to use this stuff??? I think it would look slick with the stainless kettles.

I see plenty of people stain and seal there brew stand but never spray paint with this stuff and I wonder why??? it says it is good for any surface including wood up to 200F. I can't image the hood or the stand getting that hot even with the steam from the boil.

I used the hammered paint (primed first) on my control panel and while it turned out excellent, BUT it can chip easily.

So, you may want to try it out on a scrap piece of wood and see how durable it is. Also, to see how it looks on wood.

I have used that hammered paint. If you plan to us it on wood I would definitely sand and fill everything real well. Also use a primer so the hammered paint doesn't want to absorb into the wood. If you get a good smooth surface covered in primer it should come out like it does on metal.

Thanks for the tips guys! I bought several cans of primer and the paint. I'll do multiple coats of each. Hopefully it will turn out well!

Latest posts

Back