Can I put a ball valve on this pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya, you would just need a weldless ball valve. And a chassis punch or step bit to bore out a hole for the ball valve to go through. Or hell, since that kettle is aluminum you could probably even use a fly bit

I just put a weldless ball valve on my AL stock pot, very similar to this. Drilling through the aluminum was much easier than I had expected. I used a step bit after drilling a pilot hole with my regular bits. Even with with regular wood bit, it cut through like butter.

Snag the Harbor Freight step drill bit, like $15 and works fine. No need to shell out $40 or something at Home Depot.

I just put a weldless ball valve on my AL stock pot, very similar to this. Drilling through the aluminum was much easier than I had expected. I used a step bit after drilling a pilot hole with my regular bits. Even with with regular wood bit, it cut through like butter.

Ya, aluminum cuts easy. I drilled out an AL stock pot and couldnt find my step bit OR chassis punch (turns out they were in the wrong drawer in my tool chest haha) by using a fly bit. Didnt damage the fly bit and everything turned out peachy

Brewhardware.com and bargainfittings.com are both excellent vendors for that kind of stuff. I've done business with both and have no complaints.

Back