Can I Cover The Front and One Side of MY GE Profile Fridge With Think T&G Paneling???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppopotomus

Cedar Hollow Brewing
Reaction score
Sorry...typo in the title....it should say "Thin T&G Paneling"

Hey Guys....some of you may have seen my theads with my Cedar Log and Knotty Pine Keezer and my Rustic Basement Bar Build. So the Keezer is done and the bar room is nearing completion. (You can see Pics from the threads in my signature line in the later pages of the threads.). The refrigerator is bright white and sticks out like a sore thumb. :( I honestly didn't think it was going to clash as bad as it does, but after putting it into place and rolling the keezer in beside it....something needs to be done. The dark slate floors and darker wall colors make it stick out even worse! So here is my question:

Is there any issues with using Liquid Nails and applying the same 3/16" thin T&G knotty pine on the front of the refrigerator doors and on the right side, which is visible to the room?

It's a 7 or 8 year old GE Profile side by side refrigerator/freezer. I don't think that skinning the door fronts would cause any issues, because these things can be ordered with cabinet door fronts to match your cabinetry in your kitchen. I have no idea about the side. Are these things similar to chest freezer, where they need 3" of air space around the sides and back? The fridge will be sitting in a corner where the left side and back are not visible, so I would leave those sides open, but the right side is open to the bar room. Of course there is nothing I can do about the white door handles and the white H2O/ Ice dispensor on the freezer door (short of painting them), but if I can at least skin everything else it may look better. :drunk:

Any thoughts would be great, because I have to do something to tone down the bright white. I'll try to post a picture of what I'm talking about with my bar set up when I get home today, but in the meantime, if what I'm considering isn't making sense to you....jump onto my Basement Bar Build thread and jump to the last page or two and you can see a picture. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help that you may offer! :mug:

Check out the installation instructions on the GE website. It will tell you how to skin it as well as any clearances.

For example, this fridge needs 1/8" clearance on the sides (page 26) and can be skinned without gluing the wood to the doors (page 16).

Latest posts

Back