Can’t weigh grams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMetroka

Reaction score
I need to convert grams, say .48g, to some other measurement. I do not have a scale and need to add the above increment for my water profile with no way to weigh.

You could mix up a larger amount with water then work out the dilution to get what you want by adding x ml of the mixed up solution provided its well mixed

Seriously pick up a 0 - 100g scale. real cheap and great for hops as well as water additions.

Can’t weigh grams???!!! She’ll beat your back side if you try it again. For sure don’t ask her age! ;-)
Actually buying a scale is a got idea. I love mine and I don’t have to borrow the one in the kitchen.

Last edited:
Fractional teaspoon measurement is good enough. It's all merely ballparking anyway. There is no magic to hitting numbers to the Nth degree.

If you're a big batch brewer, a scale with a resolution to only a gram can be OK. But if you're brewing 10 gallons or less in your batches, then you'll want to make sure that the scale you get can report tenths of a gram. While it won't make a big difference if the amount you add is off by a bit, having the ability to see a tenth of a gram change will help you avoid serious overdosing or underdosing on small batches.

Get a scale!!

If you're a big batch brewer, a scale with a resolution to only a gram can be OK. But if you're brewing 10 gallons or less in your batches, then you'll want to make sure that the scale you get can report tenths of a gram. While it won't make a big difference if the amount you add is off by a bit, having the ability to see a tenth of a gram change will help you avoid serious overdosing or underdosing on small batches.

Get a scale!!

Thanks, getting one soon!

If you still need a scale check the ammunition reloading department of a sporting good store . Usually less than 20 bucks

Back