Camp Chef 60K burner question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jajabee

Reaction score
WCC-SH140L.gif

So I just got one of these off Craigslist, sweet deal at $40 for the burner plus a brand new propane tank. It looks great, but there's one thing I don't get... it says it has a "Needle Valve Temperature Control", but where is it? The (similar) burner I'd been borrowing had a tiny ball valve right next to the burner that I could adjust, but the only adjustable thing I can find on this burner is the little knob at the tank end of the hose, right before the big red thing (is the red thing the regulator?).

Here, this is what I'm asking about, the little knob on the far left:
11EVFZYSC6L._AA175_.jpg

I guess that must be it, I just never messed around with this knob on the borrowed system, so it seems weird to use it as the main temp control now.

One more question... I'm planning on using long stick matches to light it until I find an ignitor for it, is the idea to light the match first, stick it in there, and then crank the gas up? Or does it only take a little gas to light it?

Thanks, I'm still pretty new to this propane thing, and I have visions of blowing off the side of the house if I screw it up. :)

id say the red knob is the valve for regulating how much gas flows (and temp) and the one on the far left is the shut off. yes...light your match, put it next to the burner close the the gas outlet and turn it on . if it does not light in a sec or two stop gas flow wait a minute or two and try again....you may need to purge air from the system

Hmm... so do you think the shut-off is what they mean by "Needle Valve Temperature Control"?

Back