Calling all IPA lovers...what are your favorite 3?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-TH-

Reaction score
Smuttynose IPA
Sierra Nevada Celebration
Sweetwater IPA

(weird how they all start with 's')

Just 3? There are so many good ones out there.

Bear Republic Racer 5
Stone IPA
Smutty Nose IPA
Southern Tier IPA
Victory Hop Wallop
Ballast Point Big Eye

the list goes on and on.

I probably haven't tried as many IPAs as everyone else, but my top 3 are:

Stone IPA
Avery's IPA
Victory Hop Devil

Avery and Victory can probably be interchanged depending on what I last bought, and they're not that far behind from Stone's.

I'm not really a fan of the Double IPAs, but Ruination is probably my "favorite", if I had to pick one. I've had Avery's Maharashi(sp), Flyin' Dog's Double Dog and a few others and I'm not really that big of a fan of them.

Hopslam
Hop Whallop
Two Hearted

This is all subject to change though, since I have a bottle of Pliny on the way.

So far all American IPAs and no true British-style IPAs? C'mon people!

Meantime English IPA
Schlafly Export IPA
Stone IPA

EDIT: Hop Slam and the like are DIPA/IIPAs, if those are allowed then replace the Stone with their Ruination.

From my geographically limited experience

Stone IPA
Abita Jockamo
Kashmir IPA

Well, I don't get most of those listed above, but here's mine.

Great Divide Hercules
Stone Ruination
Victory Hop Devil

i am pretty new to the IPA scene

sierra nevada IPA
victory
and i tried one a few weeks ago that was something with "goose" in it. i swear the head was made of raw hops.

anyone tried it?

So far:

Bell's two hearted
Short's Huma Lupa Licious
Arcadia IPA

EDIT: I just tried Shorts Brewing's Huma Lupa Licious and it takes the place of Stone Ruination

Stone Ruination IPA
Stone IPA
Bell's Two Hearted

ok, just one more....Flying Dog's Double Dog DIPA. That beer is so great I couldn't leave it off the list, though it is technically 4th.

Here's mine:

Southern Tier Gemini (a blend but I would call it an IPA)
Two hearted (never disappoints)
Stone IPA (layers of hops - mmmmm)

Appalacian Brewing Co - Hoppy Trails IPA
Green Flash - West Cost IPA
Saranac's IPA

I haven't tried Avery yet, but everyone has raved about it so much. I'll have to pick some up.

i am pretty new to the IPA scene

sierra nevada IPA
victory
and i tried one a few weeks ago that was something with "goose" in it. i swear the head was made of raw hops.

anyone tried it?

I think your talking about Goose Island IPA which is very good.

Stone IPA
DFH 60
Wachusett IPA (Local and pretty darn good)

I don't buy IPA's very often. I enjoy them but always seem to gravitate to other beers when in the store (maybe its because my local bottle shop only carries Harpoon IPA)

Stone is definitely the best IPA I've ever hard. I also really love DFH 60.

I would say the 11th anniversary Dark IPA from stone and was going to give the link, but has anyone seen their site right now. Stone Brewing Co.

Either they forgot to pay for their domain or someone decided to do a little advertising on their site.

Personally, I'm not too big on IPA's, but I DO love Goose Island's IPA, and their Imperial IPA is damn good, too !

I bought a sixer of Great Lakes Commodore Perry, and didn't like it. In fact, I tried it twice, and gave the rest away. They used Cascades for the dry hopping, and I can't stand the grapefruit taste. Which probably explains why I don't like Three Floyd's brews, either.

Founders Centennial IPA
Short's Brewing Company Huma-Lupa-Licious IPA
Stone's Ruination IPA

Back