Call Of Duty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish there was chat on the COD 4. Sometimes a group of guys seems to get it and all stick together, but more often than not everyone runs willy nilly on their own.

I agree with the sniper but with the shotguns, every map is a shotgun map :)

LOL Oh, I try to do that (especially if I have the Stryker unlocked), but I usually have to find a building or some other close quarters area to hang around in. Otherwise it doesn't turn out so well.

I wish there was chat on the COD 4. Sometimes a group of guys seems to get it and all stick together, but more often than not everyone runs willy nilly on their own.

ABout 90% of the time the chat is just some 12 year old kid screaming the entire time. If I am not playing with friends, everyone else is muted before the game.

ABout 90% of the time the chat is just some 12 year old kid screaming the entire time. If I am not playing with friends, everyone else is muted before the game.

Seriously. It's just racial slurs, people blasting music through their headset, and middle school kids that love the sound of their own voice. I just mute everyone by reflex from the start unless I've drank a little too much and am feeling belligerent :drunk:

I hate to say............that the video gbx posted is a little disheartening.

No wonder guys run up and waste me before I even see them coming. I tried it, and it works, but it isn't nearly as fun as creeping along checking for enemies.

Guess I need to go hardcore. The run and gun method is "realistic" if you had no fear of death and knew that you were immortal.

You don't have to rush but don't expect to be the top guy on the scoreboard. You now know how people are playing which will help you defeat them. Things from that video you MUST incorporate into you game:
-avoid head to head situations, much easier to shoot people in the back. If you are going up against multiple opponents, first target the enemies who are most likely to shoot you, not the easiest ones to kill.
-Lateral movement when in a head to head situation.
-On COD games when using automatic weapons, hip fire aim first, when your bullets are hitting the target, bring up your iron sights while continuing to fire to tighten up the bullet spray.

Some game modes work better for different types of play. I generally hate deathmatches and prefer game modes with objectives. Depending on how I'm feeling I'll camp with a machine gun to defend an objective, ninja stealth to the enemies base, kamakaze straight at them chucking grenades and spraying from the hip or find a good place to snipe from and try to pick people off en route to the objective (for good laughs, don't even take a sniper rifle but use a rocket or grenade launcher and go for multikills) ...I do love the rusher tactics but I don't always play that way. My favourite class on COD is the 2 primary perk with an m4 and an m16 both with grenade launchers. You have so much ammo and 4 tubes shots is hilarious. I never score that well but people hate you and its so much fun:)

You don't have to rush but don't expect to be the top guy on the scoreboard. You now know how people are playing which will help you defeat them. Things from that video you MUST incorporate into you game:
-avoid head to head situations, much easier to shoot people in the back. If you are going up against multiple opponents, first target the enemies who are most likely to shoot you, not the easiest ones to kill.
-Lateral movement when in a head to head situation.
-On COD games when using automatic weapons, hip fire aim first, when your bullets are hitting the target, bring up your iron sights while continuing to fire to tighten up the bullet spray.

Some game modes work better for different types of play. I generally hate deathmatches and prefer game modes with objectives. Depending on how I'm feeling I'll camp with a machine gun to defend an objective, ninja stealth to the enemies base, kamakaze straight at them chucking grenades and spraying from the hip or find a good place to snipe from and try to pick people off en route to the objective (for good laughs, don't even take a sniper rifle but use a rocket or grenade launcher and go for multikills) ...I do love the rusher tactics but I don't always play that way. My favourite class on COD is the 2 primary perk with an m4 and an m16 both with grenade launchers. You have so much ammo and 4 tubes shots is hilarious. I never score that well but people hate you and its so much fun:)

didn't want to sound ungrateful! Thanks for the tips! :mug:

Hey guys. If interest send me a friend request. Big_Goat11. Playing black ops 2 right now :)

There is a crossbow????

That was my favorite from Resident evil 4. Awesome on that version of deathmatch (not online, just senseless slaughter for points)

Darwin18 said:
Yep! It shoots a bolt with an explosive device.

I hate when i get shot with that. My favorite thing to do in this game is to walk up behind a sniper camping and place a couple claymores behind him. The second he decides to move......

I have decided that I am going to get Diamond camo for the shotguns. Working on the M1216 right now to get gold. It is painful trying to get 1 hit kills with that and the S12. The Chicom CQB has been fun lately.

I am racking up "SAW" awards. With the red dot, I am pretty vicious!

I just got the digital scope, can anyone speak to that?

I think the infrared one is the dual band scope. I put that on my crossbow and it's pretty effective. I usually try to stack my weapons with full metal jacket bullets, some kind of stabilizing add on, and the target finder.

The saw awards are specifically NOT for head shots. It seems to be most effective when the opponenet is moving laterally head to head and I can manage to spray enough into their chest to kill them while they are straining for a head shot on me.

Not elegant, but somehow satisfying.

Can't buy a kill with the shotgun.

Helps to run around aiming down the sights of the shotgun, especially when going around corners. Usually it's a one shot one kill.

I get good shots off, but never one shot one kill.

I am on the noob shotgun because I just get absolutely murdered and switch classes, guess I need to practice!

For you Cheezy:

h95BB25B3

Damn! My PS3 just got the three beeps of death!. When I try to power it on, it beeps three times and then shuts off. Playstation wants me to pay$150 to get it fixed. Thing is that I already paid $150 to have it fixed before just over a year ago. Warranntee on the service is only for a year. FML!!!!

I just found instructions on how to fix it myself, but it's risky. I have to re-do the solder on a section of the motherboard. I'm just gonna go for it. I can only go so long without COD.

I just found instructions on how to fix it myself, but it's risky. I have to re-do the solder on a section of the motherboard. I'm just gonna go for it. I can only go so long without COD.

I was proud of myself last night. I agreed to come out of my cave and hang out with friends.

I came home fairly late and resisted the urge to play "just one round" (which we all know would become 10) and went to bed.

It was hard! I am on the wagon, and going a night without COD? WOW. I am a mental Bad Ass.;)

I pretty much strictly just play a few hours on Saturdays and Sundays now. My wife calls it, "The War". I've been practicing quite a bit with the sniper rifles and have become pretty proficient on it. Depending on the map, I can usually be in the top 3 on the team by just sniping people. My favorite weapon though is the light machine gun with full metal jacket, target finder, and a stabilizer. I can just run around and blow people away.

I just picked up BlOps2 last week for the 360 (gamertag:n8 b 77). I like playing TDM with friends so if you're into some TDM look me up. I'm still learning the maps but I can usually hold about even. Learning the maps is the biggest thing I've found on former CODs. I'm usually on for a couple hours a night during the week. Cheers!

I got the yellow light of death on my ps3 and thought it was broken forever. I just opened it up and took it apart to access the motherboard. I then reheated the solder on the cpu with a heat gun and presto.... Back to playing call of duty again. Playstation can shove their $150 service charge up their a$$. Im back b*#%#*s!!!

Played the newest COD on the xbox360. Sorry! The best ones are on the wii. The better graphics and smoother feel doesn't counter the completely unrealistic ability to hold your gun perfectly steady by not touching anything. Not half as realistic.

Why didn't anyone tell me that Black Ops SUCKS.

Compared to reflexive, with it's rambling missions, this pile of crap is unplayable. Almost a rail shooter, where you have to do EXACT things or fail.

The multiplayer seems awful too. Then again, I just got destroyed every 5 seconds. The zombies seem cool, but again, you have to do specific stuff, not just survive.:(

Picked up BO2 when it was on sale on amazon for 29.99. Ive never played the campaign of any COD, just the multi player but this one is kinda ridiculous. I've just been playing the Party Games, mostly just sticks and stones.

Although the closest ive ever come to smashing my controller was when i was up 150 points and got bankrupted by a dude wiht his axe. Such is the life of a gaming homebrewer i suppose.

Picked up BO2 when it was on sale on amazon for 29.99. Ive never played the campaign of any COD, just the multi player but this one is kinda ridiculous. I've just been playing the Party Games, mostly just sticks and stones.

Although the closest ive ever come to smashing my controller was when i was up 150 points and got bankrupted by a dude wiht his axe. Such is the life of a gaming homebrewer i suppose.

Get "reflexive" it is AWESOME.

Back