C02 Regulator on Ebay - too good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cj8scrambler

Reaction score
I am looking to put together a draft kegging system. I've been looking into regulators and generally the cheapest dual regulator setup I can find is around $65, even on Ebay. But tonight I stumbled across this auction for a dual regulator for $35:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NORGREN-CO2-REG...9QQihZ010QQcategoryZ48718QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The listing mentions that the adjustment on the low side is designed for pop, so it goes up to 100psi. This might make it a little tricky to dial in the exact beer pressure I want (5-20psi). But otherwise do you see anyting obviously wrong with this setup? The price just seems too good to be true.

BTW, he is selling 30 of these otherwise I wouldn't post it to this board and give someone else the chance of grabbing it before me :D

I got a similiar unit on Ebay and switched out the guages for 0-60 ones. Haven't had any problems. That is an even better deal than the $40 I paid. I really like having the dual regulators.:rockin:

Well since it looked like such a good deal, I got 2 of the dual regulators. They just arrived today. They were shipped quickly and came in the original package. I don't have my CO2 tank yet so I can't hook them up. But they appear to be good quality, never been used regulators. These are much heavier then I expected. If anyone else is looking for a CO2 regulator I'd suggest you check out the auction.

Thanks for the hook-up! I'm going home to louisville(where the regulators are being sold from) I spoke with the seller and he was very helpful, he's setting one back for me, until I go on leave in two weeks. What an awesome price and I won't need to pay for shipping . Super Sweet, thanks man

I cashed in on this deal too, as I was looking for an extra regulator - and here I got two extras!

I was trying to take the bottle connector off the regulators (so I could gang them on my existing regulator) but the adaptor wouldn't budge. It screws in with an allen wrench, but man, no go. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a new CO2 bottle, which I wouldn't mind having - always good to have a backup.

Any idea what parts I would need to buy to hook this up? The seller mentioned
7/16-20 (#4 JIC FLARE / AN) outlet threads instead of 1/2-16 BSF (whatever BSF is ??!!).

Just not sure what I need on the gas tubing end to connect this.

Sorry if this is a newb question.

I'm assuming something like this except in 7/16" ?

Back