C02 Distributor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick4228

Reaction score
Hey All,

Quick question. I have been putting together a chest freezer keggerator (so I'm still a n00b at it) and it's time to go from 1 tap to 4, so I am going to get a Co2 distributor, one of those 4 or 6 way models with the valves. My question is more related to pushing beer than carbonating... once the beer is carbonated, or more accurate 4 beers are carbonated, I'll have them all hooked up to the distributor to push the beer. Say I want to push at 5psi... would I set the Co2 regulator to 5psi, assuming that once all 4 kegs are up to pressure, even with all 4 valves open, I'm not going to be pushing more than 1 beer at a time, so I only need 5psi. Or would I set the Co2 regulator at 20 psi, and the 4 valves would receive 5psi each?

Thank you ahead of time!

Whatever the regulator is set at is what will come out of each tap... 12 psi usually works for most of my beers...

Ideally, you want your serving pressure to be the same pressure that keeps your beer carbonated at the correct volumes for the temperature you're serving at. Adjusting your serving line length to balance your system is all you need to do.

Back