Buzzed? Hungry? Try these....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StittsvilleJames

Reaction score
raw jalapenos
cream cheese
bacon

1. slice jalapeno's lengthwise, and scoop out all the seeds and membrane stuff. Set that aside.

2. Fill them with cream cheese. (If you want them spicy, add some of the membrane and seeds to the cream cheese before filling)

3. wrap a piece of bacon around them. (secure with a toothpick). Some jalapeno's are small and only need half a pice of bacon, big jalapeno's need 3/4 -> full slice of bacon.

4. grill on medium heat until bacon is crispy. They drip grease onto the grill below, so try to avoid keeping them over direct flames.

5. Eat

6. Die happy.

I have also made these in the oven, baking at 400 or so for 20-30 minutes until bacon is cooked. I use a pan with holes in it (and a basin underneath) so the grease drips off them. They are a lot better on the grill though.

I also like to make a bunch of these before hand, and then freeze them. I grill them from frozen, and they're great. Easier to make when sober anyways.

You're welcome.

I have had those many times and they are delicious!

If you want to wrap something in bacon gives these a try

1)Soak whole water chestnuts in soy sauce for at least 10 min.

2)Roll said water chestnuts in a liberal amount of brown sugar.

3)Wrap in bacon and skewer with toothpicks.

4)Bake at something for at least 20 min or until bacon is done (i think 350... my girlfriend does it....)

5) You just had a mouth orgasm

4)Bake at something for at least 20 min or until bacon is done (i think 350... my girlfriend does it....)

My Mom makes these whenever she goes to a potluck! And yes, I agree, they're awesome.

I think you could wrap dog**** in bacon and it would be awesome....

raw jalapenos
cream cheese
bacon

1. slice jalapeno's lengthwise, and scoop out all the seeds and membrane stuff. Set that aside.

2. Fill them with cream cheese. (If you want them spicy, add some of the membrane and seeds to the cream cheese before filling)

3. wrap a piece of bacon around them. (secure with a toothpick). Some jalapeno's are small and only need half a pice of bacon, big jalapeno's need 3/4 -> full slice of bacon.

4. grill on medium heat until bacon is crispy. They drip grease onto the grill below, so try to avoid keeping them over direct flames.

5. Eat

6. Die happy.

I have also made these in the oven, baking at 400 or so for 20-30 minutes until bacon is cooked. I use a pan with holes in it (and a basin underneath) so the grease drips off them. They are a lot better on the grill though.

I also like to make a bunch of these before hand, and then freeze them. I grill them from frozen, and they're great. Easier to make when sober anyways.

You're welcome.

Sounds tasty but I'm lactose intolerant; cream cheese (no matter how tasty it may be) is EVIL. So instead, I like to slice off the top of the jalapeno, take out the seeds & ribs/pith, and just stuff with a sausage/rice/spice mix & go from there.
Regards, GF.

Think I might give this a try next weekend, sounds tasty!
Regards, GF.

Think I might give this a try next weekend, sounds tasty!
Regards, GF.

They are! My girlfriend isn't allowed to go to anyone's house where food is being served without bringing at least a tray of these to offer. Once you have them you only want more...

Doing something similar today, with a couple of diffferences...

Forget about amounts , winging this with a couple of brews in me!!!:tank:

Chopped ham
Crushed Ritz crackers
finely diced white onion
finely diced green pepper
Cream Cheese
Bacon
Jalepenos

Saute the onion till translucent, add ham. Cook till ham is browned and slightly dry. Add Crushed Ritz, contiue cooking till ritz are toasted. Turn off heat, add green pepper and cream cheese. Smoosh together, refrigerate till cold and firm.

I cut the stem end off the peppers, and core them with a corer. Stuff the peppers then wrap in bacon (covering the open end with the bacon) then dust with chili powder and brown sugar.... Smoking at 300* for about 30 or 40 minutes.

Haven't hit the grill with em yet, so we will see how it goes!

i had to deseed and vein 150 jalepenos for a party last summer. i wore a respirator and gloves and did it outside and didn't get the emphysema that i usually do in the kitchen. i love them on the grill- we put chopped kalamata olives in the cream cheese- these are a great snack!

Wow those are pretty stuffed! Let us know how they turn out!

Xxxcelllent :ban: guests loved them...definitely a nice flavor profile...next time i might add a touch of molasses or similar to ballance the smoky/saltiness....

gonna do some stuffed with chorizo, cheezits and cheese today....:D

raw jalapenos
cream cheese
bacon

5. Eat

6. Die happy.

Actual recipe:
Ingredients: bacon, more beer

1.Eat bacon

2.Drink more beer

3.Die happy

Back