Buying Bulk Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badger39

Reaction score
I just noticed that Northern Brewer has whole leaf hops on sale for 30 bucks a pound, anyone have a better source for bulk buying hops?

I like buying from freshops.com and hops directhops.com. At Freshops Willamette is $1.70 an oz. Everything else is generally $2.00 an oz. Hopsdirect is a little more up and down with their prices. Freshops will give you exactly what you ordered. Hopsdirect though always gives you more than what you order. usually 4 or 5 oz more than you ordered. I order 16 oz of fuggles from them a couple months ago and they sent 26.5 oz. It was $33 a lb which is $2.06 an oz but after shipping and the extra 10.5 oz. I was paying $1.43 an oz.

:tank:

Bump on reviving .. where is everyone buying these now and what are the most handy to always have in supply?

+1 for farmhouse. Great prices on 4 oz varieties of solid but not sexy hops, and they have the sexy stuff, too. That size is great for trying out different varieties.

Back