ButterScotch porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelS

Reaction score
I have a friend who brewed a porter (all extract) and it came with a liquid butterscotch (12oz) It was supposed to go in the boil, but they didn't do that. Should I have them add 4oz to the bottling bucket? I am almost positive all 12oz would be entirely way too much. Any suggestions??

Yea have em add the 4 to the bottling bucket before they rack. Stir it carefully, taste it, and see if you think it needs more...

Or, save it for a future batch

I know someone who did a peanut butter stout, it was awesome. They used an eye dropper, and added like 5 drops to each bottle as they bottled, it was a peanut butter extract. But I would be very careful how much you add to the bottling bucket at once as you can't turn back once you have added too much, so maybe start even with less like 2oz to start, stir, then taste until you get it the way you want it.

Back