Bushkung Brewing Kungaroo IPA - Clone request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tieflyer

Reaction score
Ok to all of our Canadian friends, or anyone who has had this beer and knows how to figure out a clone recipe I have a request.

A year or so back I was in Toronto and I had the please of having a pint of Kungaroo IPA from Bushkung Brewing Company and I fell in love with it. Nice caramel color, great flavor so I went back to Dukes the next night for more and boy was I deeper in love. Fast forward a few months I made the trip up north again and went into Dukes expecting to find another pint of Kunagroo. Well was I in for a surprise, when last I was there, I had part of the only keg they had gotten of this great IPA and they had not had it on tap since. I checked their beer stores, and a few supermarkets that are allowed to sell beer and came up empty. I wrote to the brewery at the address listed on their website only to have it returned to me because the post office in their town could not find the building, no joke, that is what it said on the envelope. I then emailed them and I have not heard anything back from them in over a year, and yes I have emailed them a few times but to no avail.

So, I turn to you, the brave recipe replicators for a hopeful clone of this beer.

Wish I find a can of it on my trips to Canada, but have not found it for sale anywhere and they won't ship it to the US so I am out of luck on that end.

upload_2018-3-15_8-5-3.png

Sometimes breweries will share their recipe if you ask - that would give you a good start to making a clone recipe. Sorry I can't help you directly, never have had any of their beers.

Sometimes breweries will share their recipe if you ask - that would give you a good start to making a clone recipe. Sorry I can't help you directly, never have had any of their beers.
I have sent them a letter via snail mail, and I also sent them an email Got a reply from the email saying glad you like it but we can't help you brew it.

Ok so it’s been awhile since I asked , so anyone brewing up in ontaria Canada who might have a clone of their kungaroo?

bump...can't believe I can't find a good clone anywhere, especially now with the plague still happening.......

Back