burping CO2 into conical.... how/should I do this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panderson1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
See attached. Would it make sense to try and blow some gas into the bottom (after yeast dump) and "burp" it a few times after dry hopping? Is there a rig or connection i need? Or would the hose just connect without anything else. Let's say I waited too long after fermentation was finished to dry hop. Concerned about the oxygen introduced during dryhoping. I've seen videos but not this same conical. They seem more advanced as far as the fittings. This is still new to me.

Attachments

• 20210123_121023.jpg
    20210123_121023.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
Just come up with a way to blow co2 through the cone or the racking cane. Looks like you can get away with hose clamps. All you need is a couple psi positively flowing while your have the lid open and dumping in hops.

Just come up with a way to blow co2 through the cone or the racking cane. Looks like you can get away with hose clamps. All you need is a couple psi positively flowing while your have the lid open and dumping in hops.

So it would make sense to do this? Or am I over thinking this? Even when dumping yeast or taking a sample out for hydrometer reading I'm pulling oxygen inside. So pumping CO2 inside would help flush it out? I'm still new to this stuff

So it would make sense to do this? Or am I over thinking this? Even when dumping yeast or taking a sample out for hydrometer reading I'm pulling oxygen inside. So pumping CO2 inside would help flush it out? I'm still new to this stuff

Probably not worth the hassle if you’re drinking the batch fast enough. I’m just used to having my fermentation keg under positive co2 at all times and I have the corny keg posts that make co2 purging simple.

Back