Burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekrat

Reaction score
I've read plenty of reviews but want to get some opinions on the Blichman and Edelmetall burners. Father's day is coming up and this will be my gift. I'm putting together a 3 keggle system and will do some biab as well. Also, what methods of self ignition are the automated guys using?

Build a stand for the 3 keggles and but the banjo burners for ~$40/pop. I was going to go your route and changed my mind. My wallet is glad I did also.

No self ignition or automation here, I use a $5 lighter ;)

I use the blichmann floor burner for biab so only one. I love it I was on huh fence about getting it but very glad I did. I love how quite it is, you can barely hear it on and very easy to adjust to get the correct blue tip flames. I don't have the times anymore but it was close to bringing 90 degree tap water up to boiling in close to 20 mins here at sea level. I have also heard you get longer burn times from the blichmann because its low pressure than some of the other burners that are high pressure, but I do no have any hard evidence of that.

I've read plenty of reviews but want to get some opinions on the Blichman and Edelmetall burners. Father's day is coming up and this will be my gift. I'm putting together a 3 keggle system and will do some biab as well.[...]

There's already a huge thread on this here.

fwiw, I have a pair of Blichmann burners and would definitely pick them over the Edelmetall every time.

Also, what methods of self ignition are the automated guys using?

Self ignition is bad, mmmkay? Don't self ignite ;)

I'm currently using this igniter system to fire up my two burners (they're mounted in a single tier stand). Eventually that'll be functionally replaced by a controller...

Cheers!

I think the Blich. is the better burner. I prefer the SS hose, the pot retainers, and all SS is sexy when you get it nice and blued from the heat. I have two, plan to get #3 for my HLT someday, and found them highly worthwhile.

Back