Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomy2

Reaction score
Where are some sites/places I can get a burner? Are they pretty much the same ? I will be doing 5 gal batches. Thanks!

I got mine from Austin Homebrew. http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_33_415&products_id=11030

Not necessarily because it was the cheapest individual unit price I could find - but because I couldn't find one local - I needed to order.

So, since I was already ordering a bunch of stuff from AHS; I took advantage of the flat rate shipping and added the burner.

Works good for 5-gallon batches.

Thanks for the info, I have natural gas in my house....should I be looking for a burner that runs that? Or is propane good enough for my needs....? Just trying to see all my options.

I got mine from nothern brewer.

beerstand.jpg

I purchased 32 Tip jet burners for my all grain system, is there any advantage to having the 23 Tip other that size of burner? Will the 32 heat quicker?

Two of us, from this forum, ordered 23 tip jet burners from them (separate orders) online. In both cases the credit cards were not charged, nothing shipped and would no answer the phone (I called at least 40 times myself), answer phone messages left and would not respond to emails. So they have our credit card info and can not talk to them.

So, It would not be a good idea to order from them.

Couple years ago I went to my local grocery store before thanksgiving and they had turkey friars for something like $49.99 so I did not buy them.
After Thanksgiving they were $39.99 so I did not buy them.
After Christmas they were $29.99 so I did not buy them.
After Jan 1 they were $9.99, I called several family members and ended up buying six (two for myself)

moral, just before Thanksgiving is not the best time if your looking for a deal on a burner.

That said, there are many many places that sell propane burners this time of year and your best bet might be local rather than on-line. If you really want natural gas your less likely to find it locally. I know you said you have NG at the house, do you already have it stubbed out to the brewing area? When I had my house built I had NG stubbed out to the deck for the grill but I brew in the garage so I still use propane (one of these days though...). Many propane burners can be converted to NG by replacing or drilling out the orifice. Also ask yourself if you plan to move up to bigger batches eventually.

Hope my rambling helps

Couple years ago I went to my local grocery store before thanksgiving and they had turkey friars for something like $49.99 so I did not buy them.
After Thanksgiving they were $39.99 so I did not buy them.
After Christmas they were $29.99 so I did not buy them.
After Jan 1 they were $9.99, I called several family members and ended up buying six (two for myself)

moral, just before Thanksgiving is not the best time if your looking for a deal on a burner.

That said, there are many many places that sell propane burners this time of year and your best bet might be local rather than on-line. If you really want natural gas your less likely to find it locally. I know you said you have NG at the house, do you already have it stubbed out to the brewing area? When I had my house built I had NG stubbed out to the deck for the grill but I brew in the garage so I still use propane (one of these days though...). Many propane burners can be converted to NG by replacing or drilling out the orifice. Also ask yourself if you plan to move up to bigger batches eventually.

Hope my rambling helps

These things are quick, easy and cheap in the short term but might not be over the long haul. Propane is more expensive to use than natural gas where I am and I cannot use it when it is cold without heating the tank. If I run out of propane mid boil ..... Also, the one I saw had a single jet that was spread by a cover and burned very dirty causing soot.

I was using a camping stove with 5 gallon propane tank when I started. Refilling the tanks gets old, so I got the Hurricane from Northern Brewer which hooks up to my house (low pressure) propane. From the website, it looks like you can convert this to natural gas easily. If you brew frequently, the hassle of refillling the tanks gets old and costs more. The Hurricane is plenty powerful and quiet.

Latest posts

Back