Burner Yellow Flame Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pommy

Reaction score
My burner seems to go fine for the first thirty minutes or so when I fire it up but after that the flame on the middle ring becomes yellow and theres a big build up of soot by the time my boil is over. I increased the size of the holes for the propane feed to each ring to try to increase the output. It seemed to work well for the first few brews but now I'm getting this problem. Could it just need a good clean? I know this should be simple to fix but a search didnt find me what I was looking for and I dont want to cause any other problems trying to fix this without asking for some help first.

Cheers
:mug:

I had the same problem, I took a small wire brush and cleaned the burner out. Debris can build up in it on occasion. Of course it could also be caused by your air/gas mix.

It probably just needs cleaning. Turn it upside down and bang all the rust out of it. Clean out the air intake tube with some pipe cleaners. A light spray of cooking oil will help prevent rust.

Back