Burner opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBock

Reaction score
I am currently working on a single tier AG setup, 3 Sankes, a Therminator and a March 809, but having difficulty selecting some burners. I think the BG14s on AgriSupply are the way to go, but I don't need that much heat for the MT. Considering the 6" burner from AgriSupply, but it is low pressure and the BG14 are high pressure. Do I need to get separate regs or does anyone have a better setup??

why not run low pressure banjo's ? What I like about the ten inch is that you get a better heat distribution.

The BG-14's for HLT and Boil kettle with the 6" under the MLT all on low pressure is the most popular setup going. For the DIY folks drilling the gas orifices out to 3/32" for the BG-14's and 1/16" for the 6" will convert them to low pressure, or just buy the conversion parts and replace high pressure parts. With low pressure setup automation with standing pilot gas valves runs about $80 per burner for all the parts, and 1- 24 Vac75 VA transformer can be shared between 2 gas valves. Most folks do not automate the boil kettle so that is usually just a manual valve.

Thanks for the advice, kladue. I'm not to the point, budget wise or skill wise, to automate it yet, but in the future for sure. Never thought to drill out the orifice.

Back