Burner BTUs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuggy

Reaction score
Ok I've been using an electric stove. It has a large burner and it can bring my 6+ gallons to a boil in about 45 min. But I'd rather just get a burner for outdoors. I've seen these burners range from 10,000 to 180,000 BTUs.

Any suggestions. Would 50,000 be ok for a 6.5 gallon boil?

Just got campchef. Its amazing and an underrated 60000 btu. Was higher before they changed regulators which can be fixed. Maintains boil real easy

My turkey fryer cranks out 55,000 btus. I tried to do a boil inside on my electric range when I was low on propane. After 45 mins and only getting to 175degrees. I gave up and moved it to the fryer. Now at least I know to just start it on the stove then move it outside to save on my propane.

Extract brewer.

Just a follow up.. I ended up getting the (King Kooker 1266) Its really sturdy with a wind gaurd. It's only 38,000 BTUs but it's been more than enough. I also came with a 30qt pot that I can now use as a back-up and turkey frying utensils. All of that for $49.99.

I highly recommend this unit... My only complait is that it has a safety gas flow regulator that will automatically shut of the unit at 15 min. To keep it going you have to push the button when it starts blinking. I read that there is a manual setting, but I haven't looked into that yet.

Latest posts

Back