Burner advise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Landers

Reaction score
I would like to start with a big thanks to everyone here! Finally my first post after a year of reading and learning from so many well informed people.

I am sure i am over thinking this but here it is.

I am getting ready to purchase three burners for a 1 bbl system I am putting together. I have it narrowed down to two options and would like some input from the community here. My kettles are being finished now so i need propane burners for the system. I can not get natural gas plumbed nor can I, at this time, get enough from my old house to go electric so that leaves me with propane. I would like a turn key burner vs building one due to time constraints, currently i would rather brew than build.

Here are the two i am considering, please let me know your thoughts. one is a low pressure 4" burner while the other looks to be a 10" banjo high pressure. This is where i am questioning which would be better for a 1 bbl kettle.

http://www.homebrewing.org/18-Propane-Burner--220000-BTU-_p_3214.html

or this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LTBH2UO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Thanks to all for your wisdom and experience.
Landers

Last edited by a moderator:
Of those two I'd go with the BG14 (10") burner.
But maybe not that build, those spindly two-piece legs look suspect wrt holding a kettle large enough for a full barrel batch.
Consider a KAB6.

BG10-based burners are loud as heck and have a less desirable flame pattern for use with a big kettle...

Cheers!

Thanks Day Tripper,
You are reaffirming my thoughts from my research. I was considering if i went with one with the BG14 I would be doing a little reinforcement welding as there is no way i would trust those legs with 35+gallon boil.

Have a great day

You're better off getting them HERE If you can weld, you'll probably want to make a custom stand for a BBL brewery anyway.

Latest posts

Back