• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bulkhead Fittings - Just add a cooler!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burgs

Reaction score
For Sale - $35 + shipping

I have some extra stuff laying around that ended up being enough to assemble a full cooler kit for someone out there with a Rubbermaid/Igloo beverage cooler looking to convert to a mash tun.

10" stainless steel false bottom w/ elbow
1 piece of high-temp vinyl hose
1 stainless barb
2 stainless hose clamps to go on either side of the vinyl hose
1 stainless coupler
1 stainless bulkhead
3 large silicone o-ring/gaskets
4 shim washers
1 1/2" ball valve

The bulkhead fitting is from Bargain Fittings and is a nipple with a stainless steel washer silver soldered onto the middle.

You will likely only need two shim washers on the outside of the cooler wall, but I have two extra that I will throw in. I also have two extra silicone washers for the inside, just in case you lose/damage one.

The only thing you may want to add to the outside of this is a barb to connect hoses to. I would include one but I don't have a spare.

I have uploaded some pictures here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zrjimxsk9f74bgl/mbWq01rgZ-

Let me know if you have any questions!

:mug:

I actually have this assembled incorrectly in the picture, I just realized.

The silicone washer should be on the other side of the soldered-on washer. Oops!

Back