Bulk Grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beenym88

Reaction score
Does anybody know a good website for bulk grains I’m looking to get a few 50 pound sacks but prices vary a lot. Any suggestions?

FYI, if you order a full bag from an online homebrew shop, they tend to kill you on shipping. But, if you 50 lb bulk (not full bag), most places count that toward free or reduced shipping.

Last time I ordered grain, a full 50-lb bag was going to cost me another $45 in shipping. Buying 50 lb by the pound was a few pennies more per pound, but shipping was only $8. When it arrived, it was the full bag (not separately bagged). Go figure.

Every time I look at online bulk grain purchases, the shipping makes it cost prohibitive. I would suggest you start being cozy with a local craft brewery. In my experience (I've never been turned down) they will sell you grain at cost or with a small mark up. It's a win for them, and a win for you!

Back