Bulk Grain buy spreadsheet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yunus

Reaction score
Recently some of us from the Maryland area did a Bulk grain buy and it turned out really well. We got a good number of people to order and everything went pretty smooth. There was a spreadsheet we used that I think was originally the Atlanta groups. Well I have been bored at work so I took some time to make some improvements to the sheet. It's not perfect because I'm not an excel expert. I thought about making an Access program but decided that would be less useful since sharing that would be difficult. So I made it in Excel and uploaded it to Google docs. Here's how it works.

Edit the Grain names (yellow boxes) and the Blue highlighted Boxes. These are the price of the grain by the bag (I assumed 55LB bags) as well as the cost of shipping a pallet, the size of the bags you want to split any specialty grains into, a surcharge % for Splitting bags (covers zip lock bags, etc), a surcharge % for the person running the thing if they want, the number of bags that will fit on 1 pallet and a miscellaneous charges box, like if you get charged more due to needing a lift gate on the truck.

After that just plug in a Buyer's name and fill in the quantities of each. It's a pretty dynamic spreadsheet, after every change the shipping costs are updated so most of the cells change values with any changes.

If anyone can think of any additions I would be happy to put them into place. I did not add a hops section because I did not know how that affected shipping, there were to many questions like how many 1 lb bags of hops count as a bag of grain against the total pallet count. It got to confusing so I just dropped that idea.

Hope someone can get some use out of this thing. Also if its confusing and anyone has questions, please ask.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pyWxRY-_0ZLAVutjVoOlYDg

Back