Building my home brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirSpectre

Reaction score
I am currently in the designing stage of my homebrewing basement brewery area. Currently, nothing is there, except crappy old MDF shelves. Those are being torn down, walls put up with sanitary tile or wall covering, power, plumbing, vent etc.

The question I have now that I just thought of is flooring. This is just a wall of my basement utility area/shop/storage and now brewing. Would it be weird to have a 5x9 area tiled in a 15x15 room? I was thinking about removable flooring for when I sell the house in 5-7 years from now.

Any ideas on removable flooring or should I stick to the plan and tile anyway?

Don't worry about removable flooring. The next owner might have a good idea on how to use that space, and I suspect that a brew area will show well when it comes time to show the house to prospective brewers...er....homeowners.

I agree with @Alex4mula. Put in whatever is affordable and put the money saved into brewing equipment.

Now, having said that....the one thing I really wish I had in my brew area was a drain, even better a trench drain. A raised floor might allow for something like that to happen.

The idea for epoxy floor paint is a good one. A buyer may like it just fine, and if they don't it won't prevent them from putting something on top of it.

In my last house I had converted my garage into a wood shop, with a big fixed work bench against the wall, a pegboard tool rack above it, and a material rack above that. I also had built a rope/pulley system for storing my canoes and bicycles overhead. The first person that looked at the house made an offer, and wrote into the offer that the workbench, pegboard, and pulley system stayed. I accepted.

Back