Building Keezer - Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdogtt10

Reaction score
Ok so I just competed in a work contest and won the top prize of $300 so that plus what I was already saving for a keezer is allowing me to finally pull the trigger.

So now I am at a few dilemmas... Do I buy a kit like on Midwest in which cost $400 for 4 ball lock kegs, regulator, and all that hooplah or is it cheaper to buy each on their own? I saw a deal for 4 ball locks for $180 that have the PRVs (still not entirely sure if I need PRV yet..). I also saw a 4 keg manifold for like $47 so those added up to 227 and that just leaves the dual regulator and then the disconnects, tubing, and picnic faucets... I plan to eventually upgrade to Perlicks so thinking buying seperate could make sense but I don't know how if I'm missing things and if I'm on the right track.

I'm also going back and forth whether to buy a new freezer or one from CL. I see I can get a 7ft cu GE from HD for $229... Or I can get similar which is 6 years old for $50.... Thoughts? I am worried about going old and it dying soon after I build it.

Does anyone have some advice for me? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Back