Building in my keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
I have a keezer I made (the third keezer over the years). Now in a new home we're contemplating building a corner L shaped bar unit. For glasses, bottles, china, etc. Since it's a bar unit for liquor, I thought I'd keep the keezer on that side. It's on an exterior wall and in theory I could relocate the keezer to the deck storage cabient and run lines through the wall, but the keezer is too pretty to hide, plus that would require extensive modification.

So I wondered if anyone has seen ways to "hide" the keezer especially built in to the cabinets. It's higher than standard cabinets so I can't just roll it under the countertop, which would be the easier option. I saw one "hidden keezer" picture somewhere where the guy made a tower on the back lip of the countertop and a removable "door" which held the freezer lid and insulation. That seems cool but I'm leaning towards a live edge countertop and don't really want a removable insert. But also, most countertops aren't as deep as this keezer top is.

so I want to keep my keezer size (since 5 is a good number for me), it's wired up and good to go for controls and a fan so it just needs a plug, it does have a decorative collar, but that would be hidden now as it would "blend" into the cabinets.

Latest posts

Back