Building a Fermentation Fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue-Wolf

Reaction score
So, I have decided to make a fermenting fridge. Already ordered a controller for the temperature, and the fridge will do the cooling of course, but have the problem of heating...

I want to try an Oil pan Heater for a small truck. My intention is to mount the heater to a piece of steel plate, and put it in the fridge. HOWEVER, my question now is, do I need a fan in the fridge to circulate air if I put the heating element near the bottom of the fridge? If so, what kind of fan should a person use? The fridge I am using is an older style with freezer where the freezer is actually the coil for the inside of the fridge. I don't want to take the compressor out of the fridge, rather, strip the inside of the fridge a bit and use it as a whole for controlling my fermenting temperature.

Thoughts? :mug::ban::tank:

Will post pics of it as I build it. :)

If you put the heater at the bottom of the fridge you'll probably get pretty good connective air flow. Sounds like a coil project!

You will have to forgive me, but a little inebriated by about 4.0 liters of American Classic Light at the moment. Yum Yum Yum Yum!! :)

Latest posts

Back