Buffalo Ny best beer bars poll.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsbrothers

Reaction score
Anyone from the Western New York, Buffalo areas i wanna take a poll on everyones favorite beer bars and beer stores for an article i plan to write. So let me know where you like to go for good beer and why. Cheers!!!

Right now, Root 5 in Hamburg. Great beers on tap and right on the lake.bOutside of the summer, I'll usually hit Pearl Street when/if we can find a babysitter.

Rt 5 looks like a pretty high end place i have never been but look foward to checking it out befor summers out. Pearl Street is always a great spot if you are in downtown Buffalo checking out a concert or game.

Root 5 is only a couple miles from my house so it makes for an easy drive home after a couple pints. I have to get to Cole's as well, I heard the selection is great.

Coles has a great selection of micros on draft. One of my favorite places to go for good food and GREAT beer is Pizza Plant on Main or on Transit. Both have a fantastic selection on draft always rotating with a knowledgable bartender. Also no mixed drinks at their bars.

Coles and Goodbar, for sure. Once Blue Monk opens I expect to give Shatzel way too much of my money. Pizza Plant is my current favorite spot to go to for dinner, since they have the Texas Torch Pod and good beer.

Also, if you people aren't in NAH you need to PM me post haste.

There is a good selection around. I'm in the northern burbs, so I like Buffalo Brew Pub, Pizza Plant, and the Amherst Ale House. Consumer's is a good place for beer selection as is Wegman's. I work in Orchard Park and the one on McKinley has a good selection.

Buffalo Tap Room is in my area and they have a decent selection of there own brews, but i have to admit i am not sure where there "house" brews come from. I dont beleive they brew on site.

Brew Pub is a constant winter stop (hit some golf balls at the dome and head over after). Ale House after a round at glen oak to drown my sorrows. Pearl street is a constant stop.

NAH: I have enough trouble making it to the sultans of swig meetings in the summer....

Coles and Goodbar, for sure. Once Blue Monk opens I expect to give Shatzel way too much of my money. Pizza Plant is my current favorite spot to go to for dinner, since they have the Texas Torch Pod and good beer.

Did see the article in the paper today about the nanobrewery. Let us know when the beer is available! http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article175718.ece :mug:

Looking forward to the blue monk, did they get it open in time for the elmwood artfest?

Any news on when Blue Monk opens? I heard they're just waiting on the liquor license.

I've been meaning to join NAH for awhile. Had a good time at one of their tastings at Niagara Tradition last year.

Buffalo Tap Room is in my area and they have a decent selection of there own brews, but i have to admit i am not sure where there "house" brews come from. I dont beleive they brew on site.

Everything they make comes from Custom Brewcrafters outside of Rochester (the same place that makes Duff's [horrible] house beer).

I like the selection at the Brewpub, but not their beers. I think it's the same as it was when Lew Bryson wrote New York Breweries, in which case they're pre-hopped extracts. They have enough other stuff though that I like going there (though for a guy in North Buffalo it's a bit of a trek).

Thanks for the bits about the paper. Sadly I was in Pittsburgh for a concert so Rudy and Ethan got to hog the spotlight.

Blue Monk: their SLA meeting got pushed back two weeks with no reason given, last I heard. That was about two weeks ago, though...

NAH: 9/21 we're having a meeting at Crazy Jakes in NT. You guys should all come. 7pm or thereabouts in the back room.

Did see the article in the paper today about the nanobrewery. Let us know when the beer is available! http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article175718.ece :mug:

Looking forward to the blue monk, did they get it open in time for the elmwood artfest?

What a fantastic idea!! Community Beer Works sounds like a dream for any brewer. I really hope they get through all the red tape a legislation because i think its a great plan.

Dose anyone have anymore information on this nanobrewery? This is the first I have heard of it. I would love to get involved in something like that just to learn from some of these people.

This should probably go over yonder, but: nine owners at the start. About half are brewers, the others are just beer loving people who happened to be adjacent to the 'main instigator,' Ethan (who is not me). We got the ball rolling relatively recently, but things are progressing well. Next week we have our meeting with the zoning board so we can hopefully be allowed to brew in the awesome building we're buying. We're trying to keep to the local, sustainable, community (obviously) based sort of thing. Working with urban farms to use our spent grain and maybe grow us hops, etc. All told a ton of exciting stuff and it keeps getting better!

This should probably go over yonder, but: nine owners at the start. About half are brewers, the others are just beer loving people who happened to be adjacent to the 'main instigator,' Ethan (who is not me). We got the ball rolling relatively recently, but things are progressing well. Next week we have our meeting with the zoning board so we can hopefully be allowed to brew in the awesome building we're buying. We're trying to keep to the local, sustainable, community (obviously) based sort of thing. Working with urban farms to use our spent grain and maybe grow us hops, etc. All told a ton of exciting stuff and it keeps getting better!

That’s awesome sounds like a very exciting endeavor. I was really impressed on the idea of working with urban farms and possible growing your own hops and malts. I am a big advocate of local sustainability and community preservation! With that many people involved is there a brewmaster, is everyone a shared brewmaster or is a democracy of sorts? The best of luck to you and your partners in everything again I think it sounds like a really exciting thing.

I'll bump this up to the top, i like Cole's and their large selection. Blue monk needs to open soon its directly across the street from my friends apartment.

Anyone know the story with Flying Bison Brewery? Are the selling beer as of now?

Yeah, FB is back in business. Their tasting room is generally open (and it seems to be open a little later generally too, which is good). It may just be kegs now though; I don't think I saw any in Wegmans yesterday.

brewsbrothers: We have a brewmaster (it's not me), but a few of us are homebrewers and will be helping formulate recipes. I'm brewing an APA on Sunday, in fact.

ErieShores: Time to think of the brewer equivalent of a scarecrow.

+1 to Coles and Goodbar. Drank quite a bit of Franziskaner Dunkel at Goodbar on Halloween. :mug:

Pearl Street is also a great place to watch sports and drink good brew.

Some folks mentioned the Blue Monk- it's open, it's fantastic, and it has great food/ beer! Sure, the beer is a little pricey but it's really good.

Uhhh, I'm in no way associated with the bar, and this is not a paid advertisement. :eek:

Nice to see all the Buffalo area brewers. Kyle

alternative brews is great, plus they are grandfathered in on cigars. although i havent been there in awhile since moving away :(

Back