Budweiser is changing it's name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, is that even legal? Couldn't other breweries do exactly the same thing since Budweiser can't really make any claim on that name?

Quick question: do Americans realize that "America" is not the name of their country, but of the continent that their country happens to be on? And that their are other countries on the continent called "America"?

Hey, we're talking Bud drinkers here. If you explain that to them you'll also have to tell them that their America beer is made by a Belgian/Brazilian company. Not that there's anything wrong with that per se, but I have to think that InBev is betting on the fact that they don't know so they'll swallow this new campaign.

It seems to me that Budweiser is just an anagram of America.

I mean minus a few letters and plus a couple more.

For all you history buffs: Lets remember that the United States of America was ALMOST named "Columbia." I guess they settled for "District of Columbia" for our capital.

BTW we got our name from Amerigo Vespucci. Personally I would have chosen "Burly men with guns" Land.

In a copy cat move, Bells brewing will be re branding their beer for the summer.
The new name, BALLS, will come with the slogan: "Hold some American Balls in your hand tonight."

Most of rest of the world calls us "Yankees" or "Yanks" not Americans. But I am a Mariners fan and don't ever want to be called a Yankee.

An old story....elsewhere in the world they call anybody from the US a Yankee. In the US a Yankee is somebody from the North. In the North a Yankee is somebody from New England. In New England a Yankee is somebody from Vermont. And in Vermont a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.

I just can't see the commercial with three frogs croaking "A" "mer" "ica", it just doesn't work....

AB-Inbev: "Either you're with America, or you're with the craft beer terrorists."
Speaking of which, have we talked about those horrible anti-microbrew Bud commercials that are like, "This aint for sippin. It aint got no fruit in it. It aint fer talkin' about, or tastin', or enjoyin'. It's fer shovin' in yer fat face while you scratch yer hairy parts!"

They must be hurting BAD to keep trying all these different ad campaigns.

I guess, "brewed the hard way" didn't work.

Question, I dont see AB InBev on the new label anywhere, and the "Budweiser" logo is not the most prominent feature on either the can or design...
How is this legal to more or less downplay the source and name of the beer for some marketing campaign?

They would have to hire a 4th frog.

Unfortunatly, would most likely be an H1B visa holding 4th frog...:mad:

And they can brand / label / rename their products whatever they like.
I do not buy them...will not start to buy them - but don't get me wrong...I am not a beer-snob - I NEVER turn down a freebie or twelve...

some of us think it still is

and is that your car in your avatar? you really have a tap attached to your trunk?

even if it's just for show & not actually hooked to a keg, that's still the absolute effing coolest thing ever in the history of coolest things

I agree w/your States Rights statement. And yes that's my car, but the tap is just for show and to start interesting parking lot talks. LOL BTW I see lots of people in my rear view mirror taking pictures of the tap. LOL

Just a dumb marketing gimmick trying to appeal to the clueless masses' sense of "patriotism" in time for summer. :rolleyes:

If there was actual truth in advertising, the Budweiser frogs would probably be saying...."Butt"...."Wipe"...."Er"

buttwiper.jpg

maybe EVERY brewery in the country should brew some America

everyone suggest to their local brewhouse to brew up a batch of any style beer and call it America. aim for an Independence Day tap date

let's make this a thing

animal-house-speech_2.jpg

Most of rest of the world calls us "Yankees" or "Yanks" not Americans. But I am a Mariners fan and don't ever want to be called a Yankee.

To foreigners, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner.
To Northerners, a Yankee is an Easterner.
To Easterners, a Yankee is a New Englander.
To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter.
And in Vermont, a Yankee is somebody who eats pie for breakfast.

Back