Budweiser changes the color of its can....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
budweiser is fine for what it is. bud light blows, but come on, budweiser is not the devil. anybody remember a few years back when they brought back the gold eagle claw can from the 50's? they only did it for a summer, but that was a cool can!
no matter what, i still drink busch or budweiser when i'm fishing. anything else and i"m pretty sure i'd jinx the whole damn day!

i'm with ya man. and i loved it when they did the retro cans. our traditional country band used to sit around and drink those badboys while playing music from the same era.

never quite understood all the inbev/bmc the evil ones rants. Wether the company is now owned by a belgian company or not, whether it is"crap" beer or not does not change the fact it is American Beer made by Americans. Employing thousands of people, keeping thousands of people happy with their miserable existances(in some cases). It should not matter if you like the beer or not it should matter that they are there and are(especially n theses hard times) keeping people happy and employed. Sorry my rant is done.

may be a rumor, but i heard that a member of the Busch family was going to open a brewery. Focus was to be on a light American lager......like i said, it was just what i heard

may be a rumor, but i heard that a member of the Busch family was going to open a brewery. Focus was to be on a light American lager......like i said, it was just what i heard

I'd be shocked if the Inbev purchase agreement didn't have some clauses regarding the Busch family not being able to enter the market under a different company.

Anyone besides me a little bugged that the American King of Beers went to London for design? I've probably have drank more bud than any other beer over the years. Havent had one in quite a while but that new can sure looks good....

I went to a party a couple of weeks ago and didn't know that Bud had changed it's cans. I thought K/Wal mart had introduced their own brand.

I agree, a french company making an american style beer shouldn't be considered domestic.

An American style beer, made in the United States by American workers, in no way qualifies as an import.

Even if you don't like AB beers, I highly recommend taking a brewery tour of your local AB brewery if you get the chance. It's a very impressive operation they have going on. The one in Jacksonville is cool at least; I'm sure the others are also.

yeah, one of the busch's is starting a brewery. it's a slightly comlicated agreement because he had sold his shares in AB a few years before they sold the company, so he has no legal binding clause about opening anything. he's just a brother of IV's, who did work at the company anymore, so he's free and clear. several big write ups about it in the post-dispatch. i have heard of some of the beers he is talking about producing and it sounds pretty nice. i am tired of all these helles lagers so many craft breweries are making(schlafly and urban chestnuts zwickel). in my mouth, helles has a hint of heineken taste in it (even though it is clearly not skunked) and it's just not for me.

That makes sense, if he wasn't part of the company at acquisition, then he wouldn't be subject to the non-competes. Will be interesting to see if Inbev tries to make a case of it.

Back