Bud Light type recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you realize that in this Zombi thread that the OP admitted he was underaged, and no mods locked the thread...were there even mod's in '06?

That's the first thing I noticed and was reading the rest of the thread to see if someone else caught it before I de-lurked.

Yup, underage drinking is a bad, bad thing. But I also know it happens. Now, if the kid is active duty military, I'll buy him one. If you're old enough to die for your country, you're old enough to drink a damn beer.

It's a blast from the past, seeing guys that I used to talk with all the time who aren't around much. Ivan Lendl (who used to be "Andre Agassi"), Kai, 2nd Street, Chilly.. bunch of old buddies that I kinda miss. Was just giving you crap about the "necrothread."

I, myself, just pulled up the ol' HBT. Going through the subscribed threads they are all from 2008 and back it seems. Hope all is well up in Mass. Let me know when you're comin through the great state of OH again and I can actually be around! I think the price of Natty has gone up to 10.99/case but for you Jay Ill buy two! :)

Gonna point it out since no one else has, he coulda been Canadian, drinking age is 18 from what I remember...

I, myself, just pulled up the ol' HBT. Going through the subscribed threads they are all from 2008 and back it seems. Hope all is well up in Mass. Let me know when you're comin through the great state of OH again and I can actually be around! I think the price of Natty has gone up to 10.99/case but for you Jay Ill buy two! :)

Great. I haven't "talked" to you in two years, and you offer Jay a beer! Jeez. I'll be in Youngstown at the end of December- trying to get Jay to meet up for a beer on or around December 27. Any chance you'll be able to drive three hours to have a beer with us?

Fill up bucket your bucket with 5 gallons of Spring Water.

Take a dump in the bucket.

Let it ferment for 2 days.

Bottle and Enjoy!

Fill up bucket your bucket with 5 gallons of Spring Water.

Take a dump in the bucket.

Let it ferment for 2 days.

Bottle and Enjoy!

Although this is close, I'm still going to say that this is the first thread for homebrewing Lite (sic) Lager I've seen that doesn't mention peeing in the bucket. :D

For the next guy/gal newb that wants to brew something near flavorless with some small amount of alcohol and stumbles upon this thread, my vote would be for a cream ale. Brew 3.5 gallons of cream ale. Add 1.5 gallons of water (boiled and cooled) to the bottling bucket. That should Lite'en it up enough to reduce the nice ale esters.

That's similar to what the big breweries do with their lagers. Then if you're really picky, you could brew 5 batches and find your best Bud Light connoisseur to taste each one and recommend the appropriate proportions for blending. This last step might be best left for the pros though.

Back