Buckwheat Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanantos

Reaction score
So, I found this stuff at my local health food store and picked up a 1lb jar of it.

But what to brew? I'm tempted to brew something light so the honey flavor is highlighted more. Like say, 6lbs BRS and 1lb buckwheat honey.

Any other ideas?

And what hops to use? Earthy or floral? I'm leaning towards earthy.

Yeah, I've always wanted to do a brew that really goes to town with the buckwheat honey and its earthy flavors. I'd toss in some medium-toasted buckwheat for steeping, and go with either northern brewer hops or something British, like target or EKG.

igliashon, that was what I was thinking. I may try the buckwheat idea. I haven't messed around with any specialty grains since my first gluten free beer because I just didn't seem to get much flavor or color from the quinoa that I steeped. However, I should experiment some more with that.

Calvinist, I like the idea of that recipe a lot although I am not a fan of hazelnut. I will keep the liqueur idea in the back of my mind.

Latest posts

Back