Bucket for Barley Crusher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
Just got my Barley Crusher delivered today and I'm pretty excited. Put it on my bucket and... the handle doesn't clear the raised ridge around the circumference of the bucket.

WTF?

Grrr... bad bucket!

It looks like the Ale Pail will work with the Barley Crusher and handle combination. Can someone who has both verify this for me? Or, can anyone recommend another bucket that will work?

Yeah, I'll probably end up using an electric drill instead of the handle, but I'd like to have the option of using the handle. Kind of important to me right now, because I just found out the goram charger won't charge the battery.

Thanks in advance!

-Steve

I just scoot my crusher over to the side of the bucket, plenty of clearence.

I ran about a pound through it, and went & got my cordless drill & never looked back tho.

+1 on scooting it around although I would take a blade or saw to the overextended pieces of plastic and trim. That should give you a more secure base to grind with.

I tried scooting it, and that worked. Duh. I'm obviously too tired to think creatively tonight.

I'll probably end up just cutting a chunk out of the raised ridge.

Now to figure out the charger that won't charge...

-Steve

Well, since it was asked: yes a BC fits the Ale Pail too.

it does NOT fit an orange Home Depot bucket though. They are a little shorter and narrower, and the 'nubs' on the bottom won't all fit inside the orange bucket.

it does NOT fit an orange Home Depot bucket though. They are a little shorter and narrower, and the 'nubs' on the bottom won't all fit inside the orange bucket.

Tell that to my HD bucket it's Orange & happily holding the BC, could be one of us has a freaky bucket.

Thanks... I suppose if I come across one that's cheap and without too much impact on shipping, then I might get one as I'm buying other stuff. After all, you can't have too many tall white food-grade plastic buckets, right? :cross: I'll toss the old one next to my obsolete glass carboys...

-Steve

Latest posts

Back