Bubbling wont stop, i think its infected ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterc

Reaction score
Pale Ale
OG 1.042
Expected FG at around 1.010
Fermenting temp at around 72f
Yeast Safale-05 didnt rehydrate, only aerated

Its only 3 and a half day and the bubbling only slowed down a bit, from what ive seen, it wouldnt stop soon. The gravity is at around 1.010 already, i submerge my hydrometer in the fermentor.

Do you think its infected ?? Some wild yeast eating up complex sugars?
But the krausen looks fine. And one thing, i didnt leave out the coldbreak so there is alot of trub, could that be the cause of bubbling ?? Gasses in the trub being released?

Thank you sooooo much!!

In my experience, bubbles will continue until the krausen falls. And then slowly even after that. I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially after only 4 days.

It's probably fine. The bubbling can last for many, many days and then it will usually just stop suddenly. 3.5 days is well within the normal window.

Now for the hard part: Stop paying attention to the bubbling. Hide the fermenter away somewhere and forget about it completely for two more weeks. Your beer will thank you.

Back