Bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpume

Reaction score
Hie team .so I just finished brewing my robbers gold ale attached its the picture .just wanted to know few things .why is the colour darker when its supposed to be golden secondly the head (beer bubbles) doesn't disappear as you drink the beer like any other normal beers is it because of to much priming sugar or something else? Thank you ...the beer taste great [emoji482]

Hie team .so I just finished brewing my robbers gold ale attached its the picture .just wanted to know few things .why is the colour darker when its supposed to be golden secondly the head (beer bubbles) doesn't disappear as you drink the beer like any other normal beers is it because of to much priming sugar or something else? Thank you ...the beer taste great [emoji482]
IMG_20180214_135442.jpg

Well in order to answer why it's darker, we need all the ingredients and what your process was when brewing this.

As for the head not disappearing, that's because you naturally carbonated it. My thought is, someone correct me if this is wrong, but natural carbonation produces smaller bubbles and that causes them to not pop as easily and they stick around longer.

Assuming an extract kit. Extract kit are darker than commercial or all grain versions. If you add 1/3 to 1/2 of the extract in the beginning and the rest when you turn off the heat, it will be lighter.

I don't think you used too much priming sugar, at least not a lot. Most people strive to have a head that lasts.

Each brew will vary in how long the head will last and how much there is.

Latest posts

Back