Bubbles in my Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim5827

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone out there has experienced soap-like bubbles in their beer at the primary fermentation stage? All of my equiptment was sanitised and washed out with hot water and brewing sanitizer. I can not think of why large thin clear bubbles would foarm when all of my equiptment was clean. Is there any other logical reason for bubbles like this to form?

Sounds pretty normal to me. Fermentations vary in their look. Some will have bubbles on top, some will not. Others will have a krausen that seems to hang on forever while others have one that falls out immediately after fermentation. And there are hundreds of variations of a "good" fermentation. :) So long as you cleaned everything and nothing is getting into the fermenter, you're probably going to be OK.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Fermentations vary in their look. Some will have bubbles on top, some will not. Others will have a krausen that seems to hang on forever while others have one that falls out immediately after fermentation. And there are hundreds of variations of a "good" fermentation. :) So long as you cleaned everything and nothing is getting into the fermenter, you're probably going to be OK.

+1.

Cruise through the gallery and you'll see some pretty weird looking things in a carboy. I love to watch my brews in a glass fermentor, I'd almost swear there are aliens in there!!!!!!!!!!!!:drunk:

Thanks for the info guys. I've brewed probably 12 batches by now and i've just never seen bubbles that grew as large and transparent as this. The funny thing is, i noticed these soap-like bubbles twards the end of the boil, so they were already present in the wort before racking to the primary.

Latest posts

Back