Bubbles in line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verotik

Reaction score
Just kegged my first 2 beers a few days ago. Set it at 30psi for 48 hours. Checked both kegs a few mins ago, purged and set the kegs to 10psi. Noticed one was leaking around the purge valve. Greased it up with keg lube and it seemed to stop. THe other one though, it is foaming real bad, and there are lots of bubbles in the line. I greased all the orings up except for the tube rings. Would that be causing some kind of leak? I checked the hose clamps and they are all the way tight.

yea, but if it is too tight, it can cause the line to flare at the ends, which can lead to a gap that air can get into, beer can get out of.

Also, the gas is on the IN side, and the beer is on the OUT side, right? If you were gassing the out, then that could cause the beer and gas to be bubbling up the IN

Yeah, the first thing i did was make labels and mark the keg so i never confused it. So you think i should loosen the clamps a little?

it is something i would try.

i also rarely do quick-carbing. so, you could just let it settle for a while and see if the foaming subsides. i have no idea if cranking it to 30 psi for 2 days might be the cause.

Back