Brutus control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
Ill post throughout my build

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

1391975065502.jpg

1391975079939.jpg

Need my labels, need to paint it and wire the inside up. Cutting the square holes sucked. Lol.

1391991417015.jpg

Looks good! What is the STC-1000 for? And how did you cut the square holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The stc 1000 was to replace the temp controller I stole from my fermenter. Its a Jld612. Cutting the holes I used cheap unibits and then clamped it to my bench and used a sawsall to cut the holes. Finally finished thw holes with a file.

Looks sweet! I ordered my labels from George at www.signsbannerstags.ca, they turned out great! This is who Kal references in his Electric Brewery setup.

/Users/patrickbanister/Desktop/WP_20131226_006.jpg

Its going to be Subaru blue. I have some more switches and buttons if anybody is interested.

About how much does it cost to build a semi-simple brutus control panel like this build? I know it can be customized to a specific system which will change the price but I am just looking for a ball park.

Its going to be Subaru blue. I have some more switches and buttons if anybody is interested.

What do you have for extras? I was looking for two single pole double throw and three single pole single throw.

Im pretty sure I have two, two pole and two master on/off (red push-pull) switches and one alarm led left. I also have some LEDS left but all of mine are twelve volt. I ordered all of my PIDS from lightobject.com and my timer was from auberins as were the 4" probes. The electrical panel was from Platt electric and was about $20! The relays I got from work for free and all my switches are from ebay. The wiring and connectors all free from work also.

Also the transformers I got free from work.

About how much does it cost to build a semi-simple brutus control panel like this build? I know it can be customized to a specific system which will change the price but I am just looking for a ball park.

Well the PIDS were about $30 each 24volt LEDS about $3-5 each. Temp probes about $45 each. The switches were about $5 each. Transformer/Wire/relays. Ymmv

I have an arm that the electrical conduit sits in and i will run all my wire hidden through the frame.

1392783593154.jpg

Back