• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Georgia Brutus 10 3-vessel system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e lo

Reaction score
I've realized that I've just stopped brewing - my last batch was more than a year ago now - and so it's time to let my gear go. Asking price is $3,000.

I have a three-vessel Brutus 10 system with slight modificiations. The boil kettle is a very nice 15 gallon custom kettle from Spike Brewing. The mash tun is a keggle with a false bottom, and the lauter tun is also a keggle. Both the boil kettle and the lauter tun have pickup and return feed arms for whirlpool creation. There is a rotating sparge arm, but to be honest I didn't really use it much - I just batch sparged, but was getting ~75 - 78% efficiency, which was plenty good enough for me! The lauter tun also has a 25 foot stainless steel coil in it, which is my favorite part of the system.

The stainless steel coil in the lauter tun means that the system can be used either as a direct-fire step mash system or a HERMS setup! Another nice benefit of this addition is that when it comes time to cool, you can put ice water in the tun and use the coil as a pre-chiller for your chiller (a 50 foot copper immersion chiller comes with the system).

The system runs on standard propane tanks and regular ol' 110V outlet power. There are temperature sensors in the outflow fitting from the mash tun and lauter tun, and the burners under those two vessels are controllled by Ranco temperature controllers, which are built into the control box. Those two burners can be set to always on, always off, or controlled by the temp controllers by the flip of a switch. The boil kettle burner is a manually controlled on/off. Heat output of all three burners is controlled by manual in-line gas valves.

The system includes two March pumps with stainless steel heads, also controlled by switches on the control box. A standard 15 amp circuit easily powers the entire system with both pumps running. A 10 amp circuit probably would, too, but I don't have one in my garage, so I don't know for sure.

The system also includes a stainless steel hop spider for the brew kettle.

All valves are stainless steel, and most of them are three-piece valves that can be disassembled for cleaning. All hoses are hi-temp silicone, and all hoses and fittings are quick-connect. I also have an extra 20 feet or so of new silicone hose tubing.

This is a great, very versatile system that will allow you to happily churn out 5 or 10 gallon batches with excellent repeatability.

Located in Atlanta (College Park).

IMG_7039.JPG IMG_7040.JPG IMG_7041.JPG IMG_7042.JPG IMG_7043.JPG IMG_7045.JPG IMG_7049.JPG IMG_7051.JPG IMG_7052.JPG IMG_7055.JPG

Last edited:
Back