Brussels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fata2683

Reaction score
I just got home from a wonderful weekend trip to Brussels. I managed to visit the Cantillon brewery, which was one of the oldest and more intimate brewery tours I have ever done, not to mention that the owners/operators where extremely nice people and even gave us an umbrella when we left because it was raining. We had some excellent mussels and fries along with our micro-brew, and I bought some beer to bring home. Great time!
beer001.jpg

This is on my list of places to go, I am glad you had a good time.

Are you in the Belgium/Netherland/Luxemberg area?

Tim

This is on my list of places to go, I am glad you had a good time.

Are you in the Belgium/Netherland/Luxemberg area?

Tim
I live in Oberkail, Germany close to the border of Belgium and Germany

I was in Brussels last Christmas time... great city. Nothing like eating a steak and fries... and a nice strong dark belgian ale.

Have you gone to Bruges yet? Also... another fun tour is the La Chouffe brewery in Achouffe, Beligium.

Also... how much did you pay for your bottles of Westvleteren? I've been paying upwards of 16 euro in Amsterdam for bottles from 1999. When my fiancé and I were in Brugge (Feb '08)... there was a bar called Cambrinus that sold them for less than 4 euro a bottle. They weren't aged though.

I paid 4.5 euro for the Westvleteren. I called all morning Wendsday and Thursday trying to reserve 2 crates of the 12 but I got the busy signal the whole time. Oh well....I havn't been to Brugge yet, but I do plan on going. We live close to the border with Germany so we tend to only go to cities within a couple of hours unless we are on vacation.

Back