Bru'n Water, Mash pH doesn't change

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewyheel

Reaction score
I tried Bru'n Water for the first time today. Yes, I read the instructions before hand and and filled out the sheets as instructed. The big issue is that no matter what variables I change; water, grist or mineral/acid additions, the 'estimated room temperature mash pH' doesn't change. It reads 5.70 no matter what changes I make to the recipe, has anyone else encountered this?

I tried Bru'n Water for the first time today. Yes, I read the instructions before hand and and filled out the sheets as instructed. The big issue is that no matter what variables I change; water, grist or mineral/acid additions, the 'estimated room temperature mash pH' doesn't change. It reads 5.70 no matter what changes I make to the recipe, has anyone else encountered this?

Never mind, I didn't have the iterative calculation turned on, so much for my reading comprehension skills today :no:

Bru'n Water employs Circular References where the first result is used in second calculation and so on, to improve the accuracy of the estimate. Users have to have Iterative Calculation turned on for Bru'n Water to operate correctly. Otherwise, you'll likely see blue lines all over the pages.

Back