Bru'n water help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnsie8791

Reaction score
I've been playing with the bru'n water spreadsheet for a few days. Having a hard time figuring out the sparge acidification addtions. My existing h2o produces a mash ph of 5.6 on the water summery page. Im not seeing where to enter the citric acid adjustments that update the water summary page. Not looking to change the h2o profile just adjust the ph. the sparge acidification page says to add 4.39 grams of citric acid to my sparge water .

I have found it easier to not use that but to rather use the Water Adjustment Profile Calculator tab instead. You can add amounts of chemicals there and then click back to your Water Summary Tab and it will update what you have entered there.

I don't have the sheet in front of me but I hope that helps.

I looked at the acid tab on the bottom of that page and it only lists 4 liquid acids. None of which im using.

Perhaps that's the problem. Was giving it a test drive. The water adjustment tab only has four acids listed on the version I downloaded, all liquid.

FWIW I don't recommend citric acid for pH adjustments in brewing. It provides a lot more flavor than some of the other options.

That said, I have my sparge acidification set to use the other sheet. (Actually, I just tell it I'm using RO water and let it tell me how much Phosphoric acid to use for mash and sparge.)

Latest posts

Back