Bru Gear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bit the bullet and ordered from Spike. Yes it was $110 more (after factoring in Bru's ridiculous shipping fees) but I'm supporting a somewhat local business and nobody has disputed their quality or customer service. And that's not including the fact that I am also able to reuse some of my hardware with Spike since it's NTP vs TC which I would have to buy all new hardware.

Received the kettle yesterday and it's wonderful. About a week turnaround time even with a custom port added.

I bit the bullet and ordered from Spike. Yes it was $110 more (after factoring in Bru's ridiculous shipping fees) but I'm supporting a somewhat local business and nobody has disputed their quality or customer service. And that's not including the fact that I am also able to reuse some of my hardware with Spike since it's NTP vs TC which I would have to buy all new hardware.

Received the kettle yesterday and it's wonderful. About a week turnaround time even with a custom port added.

I may be following in your footsteps. The TC fittings are nice, but I think the NPT will work fine with proper cleaning.

Well, the one time bru gear decides to respond to an email is my email requesting an order cancellation. :confused:

Oh well, I'll be glad to have the money refunded and then never think about this awful company again.

Just wanted to do a follow up to my negative experience. My order was eventually refunded by Bru-Gear.

I ended up placing an order for a similar kettle from Brew Boss (15 gallon, 2 triclover ferrules, weldless temperature fitting, and one additional weldless at the top of the kettle) for $250 shipped, which is less than what I was charged by Bru-Gear.

Additionally, I placed an order on Saturday and had my kettle by Tuesday. They even responded to an email I sent on Saturday on the same day.

Needless to say, I'm very impressed with Brew Boss and will continue to support them.

Latest posts

Back