Bru Gear Kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone using these? Looking to get another kettle and they seem nice. http://www.bru-gear.com/Induction-Direct-Fired-Kettles_c_8.html?AffId=1

Im pretty sure they are the same as the mega pot and the ones ss brewtech markets, just with foam on the handles in some cases and different branding bru gears conicals are form the same Chinese manufacturer as ssbrewtech too.. They are good quality kettles. Lots of people sell them. I would find the vendor that has the best options and price point your after and buy from there

I have 2 and both had bad welds, from the outside you wouldn't notice unless you are a welder, but the inside of the weld was unfilled crevices the whole way around.
I bought one and complained about the welds so they sent me a 2nd one which had the same problems, so I said screw it and had a local welder fix them.

In the end it was a good deal because I got 2 kettles for the price of one, I couldn't say if they fixed this problem with the 2nd generation though.

I got 3 15 gal kettles and a 14 gallon conical through their kickstarter. Long delay aside, i enjoy the pots immensely. I have since sold the fermenter, but the pots are of a lifetime quality.

I already have a 10 gal kettle & the 14 gal Profermenter so I asked Phil for a cost on 2 15 gal Gen 2 kettles with additional fittings (just like the electric versions of Gen 1). It's been 2 months now without a response. I know I should look at others but I really want TC fittings without any threads.

Sending email or facebook or phone messages just doesn't seem to get him interested, hard to understand this. I've met him and he really seems like a stand up guy.

No fool like an old fool!

I already have a 10 gal kettle & the 14 gal Profermenter so I asked Phil for a cost on 2 15 gal Gen 2 kettles with additional fittings (just like the electric versions of Gen 1). It's been 2 months now without a response. I know I should look at others but I really want TC fittings without any threads.

Sending email or facebook or phone messages just doesn't seem to get him interested, hard to understand this. I've met him and he really seems like a stand up guy.

No fool like an old fool!

Sorry to hear that. I don't think they do any welding in the US so they probably don't offer customization. However we'd be happy to help you out with any custom welding you need. Shoot us an email! [email protected]

-Tim

Custom_TC_560e6c4e-7e7a-4e19-b727-266ae54aeabf_1024x1024.jpg

Any welding? Does Spike now offer installation of back to back TC ferrules?

Any welding? Does Spike now offer installation of back to back TC ferrules?

We do not. We flange all fittings outward before welding. This gives a smooth transition from kettle to TC fitting. We also back purge all welds to give a sanitary weld, instead of grinding the weld clean (not the best way to do it). Unfortunately this doesn't allow for back to back TC fittings. However we have pickup and whirlpool arms available. NorCal also has a wide selection of TC fittings.

TC Arm.jpg

Back