Brooklyn East India Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbeattie

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recipe for a Brooklyn brand East India Pale Ale clone?

I just drank one after a few ESB homebrews and the flavor hit me as something I havent quite had before. It can be anything, extract, partial mash, or all grain.

Thanks

The Brooklyn Brewing company's website has good info onit--it wouldn't be too hard to clone it. I'll see what I can come up with.

I agree, it is a fine example of an IPA.

I'm no cloner, but here's the ingredient list from the brewmaster:

two-row English Pale Ale Malt, two-row English Pilsner Malt, Wheat Malt Hops: East Kent Goldings, Cascade, Willamette. Alcohol: 6.9% by volume.

I'm no cloner, but here's the ingredient list from the brewmaster:

two-row English Pale Ale Malt, two-row English Pilsner Malt, Wheat Malt Hops: East Kent Goldings, Cascade, Willamette. Alcohol: 6.9% by volume.

Nothing like bumping and old thread....

Where did you get this info? It's different on their website. Maybe an older incarnation?

I am going to bump this. I went to brooklyn brewery yesterday and had their EIPA. Excellent beer. I am looking to make an IPA for the summer and would like to base it off this beer. Anyone have a clone for it or even a traget IBU to ain for?

Holy thread bump batman.

But I'm digging this beer, and would much rather make my own version of this beer instead of buying it for$8 bucks a sixer, or $7 a pint.

I've got the following info from a six pack holder:

Malt: Two-row English Pale Ale Malt (I'm assuming something like Crisp Maris Otter), Wheat Male (maybe red wheat to get the color?)

Hops: East Kent Goldings, Cascade, Willamette

Bitterness 45 IBU's, no idea if it's rager or tinseth, but i'm imagining that's splitting hairs

OG: 1.068

I have next to no experience cloning a beer, or putting together a recipe, but I really want to have something close to this on tap, so maybe people can chime in with ideas and we can give it a decent shot.

Anyone have a tried and tested recipe for this?
It started to hit the shelves over here in Europe a few years ago and I only tried it recently. Nothing spectacular but I quite like it as it's nicely balanced with tasty flavour and easy to drink.

I see from the website that the hops have changed to:

Summit, Aurora, East Kent Golding, Centennial, Cascade, Amarillo

The OG is 1.063 with 6.9% Abv
So a FG of between 1.010 and 1.011
Probably high attenuating British Yeast

It says the malt is British 2 row and Crisp.
I guess Maris Otter but what exactly is Crisp?
I thought they were a matling company that made a lot of different malts?

I guess it's some type of crystal between 55 and 80 L.

The IBUs are not given but I would say somewhere between 50 and 60.

Anyone with some input?

Maybe there is a recipe on here I have overlooked?

:mug:

This gets stranger.
The hops and malt I mention in the post above are from the current website.
However I have a bottle of it in from of me right now and it says EKG, Cascade and Willamette. The malt is just British 2-row and wheat.
Are they brewing a different beer for Europe i.e. still the old version?
I also now realise why it's cheaper than a normal imported IPA; it's distributed by Carlsberg.

Still wouldn't mind a recipe though - new or old. :D

Am flying to NY in May so might have to visit the brewery :ban:

Back