Brooklyn Brewshop kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talljetsfan

Reaction score
Everything went pretty good until the bottling process. The beer wouldn't flow freely thru the tubing, I kept having to take out the raking cane and re-prime the tubing, overall it was a real pain i the ass! I had the beer pot on the kitchen counter and the bottle filling happened below that. Out of a gallon brew, I bottled 6! Lost a lot obviously.
This was my 1st brewmaking.
I'd appreciate any tips from "seasoned" brewmakers that will help out the process, in the meantime I wil search the forums for info.
Thanks!

Next time make sure there's a bigger height difference between the bucket of beer and the bottle you're filling. Also make sure the bucket end stays below the level of beer in the bucket.

And FFS. get away from those small brooklyn brewshop kits. All that work and waiting for a 6pack? For just a little more time (and probably less cost,) you could make 5 gallons!

Get yourself a couple of kits from Austin Homebrew or Brewmaster's Warehouse.

If you've decided that you like the brewing buy some decent gear. You'll thank yourself next bottling day, when you actually have more than 6 beers for all the work you've done.
B

Thanks for the response......I don't really understand "Also make sure the bucket end stays below the level of beer in the bucket." Can you explain a little more?
My Mother-in Law bought me the Brooklyn Brew kit, I thought it would be a good starting point to see if I liked brewing (I do!) I also thought the 1 gallon would be good to start in case I did something wrong, then I'd only have a gallon of bad brew instead of 5!
Now, I'm purchasing equipment for a 5 gallon brew, can't wait!
Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it.

Back