broken regulator jury rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlingy

Reaction score
Hi,
So I have a brew logic dual kegging set up. It's been worthless, constantly breaking. For the first year, Midwest kept me running, constantly mailing me new components. Now, my warranty is out. Last week, I brewed, thinking I would just bottle up any leftovers of my Apple ale on kegging day. However, today the regulator closer to the CO2 broke and is now just wide open, allowing pressure to build up and up. I could order a splitter for my one working regulator, but I would like to keg my Blonde ale tomorrow, plus the less money spent the better. So I was thinking, couldn't I just take the working regulator, attach it to the CO2, then take the male to male adapter between the two regulators and attach it where gas comes out of the working regulator, then plug the broken regulator into it and plug the second gas out where the keg psi gauge is now? I'd then plug that second keg psi gauge in where the CO2 gauge would go. It would be a redundant measurement, but would prevent me from having to buy anything at all. What do you think? Am I missing something big?

Sorry I am enjoying my Riesling wine and I cannot follow all that you have going on there. I am not sure I could even if I hadn't been enjoying my wine. I would look to simplifying your system. One regulator to a splitter? If you need different pressures you will need separate gauges to control the pressure into each keg.

Right now, I have the standard dual regulator setup. However, the first regulator is broken and stays wide open. Can I plug the broken regulator into the gas out of regulator two and use it as a splitter?

Back